Kanetsune | Made in Japan - Sujiki/Slicer Knife 210mm
Japanese craftsmanship, beautiful hammered-pattern blade made with DSR-1K6 high carbon stainless steel blade
The blade is elongated and thinner than Gyutoh (butcher knife for meat) and is used primarily to cut apart large pieces of meat. This type can easily cut away meat with the tendons still intact when slicing the beef shank hung by an S hook. The Sujihiki knife’s true purpose extends further to dividing the meat through the tendons into blocks of a few kilograms. In restaurants, the more expensive the ingredient becomes, such as file mignon or sirloins, tendons that are hard to bite through are carved away in preparation. Since the blade is thin, it can cleanly remove the tendons without wasting any meat, preventing loss, which makes this knife an indispensable knife for professional chefs handling beef products.
| Knife Type
Sujihiki/ Slicer ( To cut large pieces of meat )
||DSR-1K6 High carbon stainless steel
||Plywood (laminated wood) with Plastic Bolster
||210 ( 8.3")
||340mm ( 13.4")
||59 - 60
Instructions and Maintenance:
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special care when using and storing it. Please keep it out of children's reach.
- Please do not use the knife for purposes other than cooking
- After use, please hand wash the knife, then wipe it clean and dry with soft clean clothes
- To maintain satisfactory cutting performance, we recommend re-sharping the knife once or twice per month