GÜDE | alpha Olive Bread Knife 8" | Made in Germany
Developed in 1941 by the heir to the manufactory Franz Güde , the special "GÜDE serrated edge" of our bread knives today delights bakers and bread lovers all over the world. The pointed teeth of the unyielding, sharply ground chrome-vanadium-molybdenum steel ensure that breads, baguettes and rolls can be sliced instead of squashed, but also cabbages, melons and crispy crusted roasts can be cut more easily than ever. Unadorned, beautiful handles made of different high-quality materials do the rest for this knife legend of ours.
Gude knives are hand-forged in Solingen, Germany from one piece of chrome-vanadium-molybdenum steel, from the blade tip to the double crop. The double crop, a special feature of Gude knives, is a counterweight to the blade. The knife is perfectly balanced. The special mixture of steel and the elaborate manufacturing process with more than 30 manual steps give the stainless steel blades with a hardness of approx. 57 HRC a special robustness and longevity.
The handles of the Gude Alpha Olive knife series are made of selected olive wood. It comes from Andalusia in Spain and can be up to 500 years old. This type of wood is generally very hard and extremely weatherproof. The structure is strongly grained and therefore looks particularly noble and elegant. The knives of the Alpha Olive series are not dishwasher safe due to its natural material.
- Handcrafted in Solingen, Germany
- Blade length: 8 inch
- Blade with the legendary Gude serrated edge
- Made of one piece of stainless chrome-vanadium-molybdenum knife steel
- Hand-forged, ice-hardened & sharpened by hand
- Perfectly balanced by the double crop (counterweight to the blade)
- Blade hardness: 57 HRC
- Riveted & framed handle shells made of natural olive wood from Andalusia, Spain
- not suitable for the dishwasher