"Chai Dao" is the name for a Chinese chef's knife with the typical shape of a cleaver for these knives. The Gude chef knife Chai Dao from the Alpha Olive series is perfectly suitable for cutting and chopping meat and fish. It also chops vegetables and cleanly and professionally.
Gude knives are hand-forged in Solingen, Germany from one piece of chrome-vanadium-molybdenum steel, from the blade tip to the double-crop. The double-crop, a special feature of Gude knives, is a counterweight to the blade. The knife is perfectly balanced. The special mixture of steel and the elaborate manufacturing process with more than 30 manual steps give the stainless steel blades with a hardness of approx. 57 HRC special robustness and longevity.
The handles of the Gude Alpha Olive knife series are made of selected olive wood. It comes from Andalusia in Spain and can be up to 500 years old. This type of wood is generally very hard and extremely weatherproof. The structure is strongly grained and therefore looks particularly noble and elegant. The knives of the Alpha Olive series are not dishwasher safe due to their natural material.
- Handcrafted in Solingen, Germany
- Blade length: 6.5 inch
- Made of one piece of stainless chrome-vanadium-molybdenum knife steel
- Hand-forged, ice-hardened & sharpened by hand
- Perfectly balanced by the double-crop (counterweight to the blade)
- Blade hardness: 57 HRC
- Riveted & framed handle shells made of robust Hostaform plastic
- not suitable for the dishwasher