KAZUKO 240 - Sujihiki ( Slicer, Slicing, Filet Knife) 240mm Blade - 45 Layer Damascus Steel Hammered - Made in Seki City of Japan
The blade is elongated and thinner than Gyutoh (butcher knife for meat) and used primarily to cut apart large piece of meat. This type can easily cut away meat with the tendons still intact when slicing the beef shank hung by a S hook. The Sujihiki knife’s true purpose extends further to dividing the meat through the tendons into blocks of few kilograms. In restaurants, the more expensive the ingredient becomes, such as file mignon or sirloins, tendons that are hard to bite through are carved away in preparation. Since the blade is thin, it can cleanly remove the tendons without wasting any meat, preventing loss, which makes this knife an indispensable knife to professional chefs handling beef products.
|Knife Type||Sujihiki/ Slicer ( To cut large pieces of meat )
|Blade Material||High Carbon Swedish Steel 19C27 by Sandvick ( 45 Layer Damascus )|
|Blade Edge||Double Edge|
|Handle||Chestnut tree with 8 angle handle ( FYI Number eight is considered as a lucky figure and called "Suehirogari" in Japan )|
|Blade Length||240mm ( 9.5" )|
|HRC||59 - 60|
Instructions and Maintenance:
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special care when using and storing it. Please keep out of children's reach.
- Please do not use the knife for purposes other than cooking
- After use, please hand wash the knife then wipe it clean and dry with soft clean clothes
- To maintain fine cutting performance we recommend re-sharping the knife once or twice per month